Support for those students effected by recent events
For those Sault College students who are impacted by the devestating earthquake in Turkey and Syria
We recognize that students' are impacted and may need accommodations and support as they navigate this very difficult time. We encourage you to reach out if you need any support so you can continue your studies successfully.
Email to book a meeting with a counselor to discuss how you're feeling, especially if you don't know how to cope with the abundance of emotions. email@example.com
We have two Elders in Residence at Sault College:
Barbara Nolan, Elder
Ted Recollet, Elder
Take a read through these articles provided by CAMH:
Take a minute to add these important numbers to your phone to use:
- I.M. Well App (available for free download on iTunes or android)
- Sault Area Hospital Crisis Services: 705-759-3398 or 1-800-721-0077
- Mobile Crisis Response: 705-759-1230
- Sault Ste. Marie Police Services: 9-1-1
- GOOD2TALK Post-Secondary Student Helpline: 1-866-925-5454
Local Activities Permitted for your Mental Health
- Walk, ride, or run the hub trail
- Go around town to take pictures in the big blue chairs!
- Pack a picnic and visit Bellevue park to feed the ducks or walk the greenhouse
- Play an online game of skribbl with friends and make fun of your drawing abilities
- Pick up a coffee from Scott Coffee co. and enjoy the waterfalls at Hiawatha Highlands
- Raining? Get your boots on and go puddle jumping! How can you not be upset splashing in puddles?
SCSU is here to support students. We remain committed to adapting to our changing students needs and staying transparent in our intent to help you be successful. Please never hesitate to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org